March 30, 2006

Learning to love

Hey everyone,
well as most of you know we (Hannah, Rachael, and I) are going to California, with a friend, for 2 weeks. We are pretty excited, but I think also alittle nervous. Just because we dont know what to expect. Last night, was wednesday night Bible Study. We went for a hike and then had a camp fire. It was pretty stupendous! With the mountains and the stars, it felt like thats the way life should be. Minus the really wet feet and near death experiences with ice...that death part didnt happen. Anyways, it was that night that I realized how awesome the people are that I have gotten to know. It seems that I keep meeting awesome people and they end up meaning so much to me. I am also realizing that when people move around alot they get used to saying good-bye and it gets easier to leave. I am not finding this for myself. I am actually feeling more attached to everyone I meet, even people I only hang out with once. If you have been keeping up with reading my blogs, you know that I have learned alot here. I am learning so much about myself and the person I want to be in Christ. I have found that Christ means so much more to me now, than ever before. I am not changed, but changing. Everything that I have learned here is still so fuzzy in the way I live my life. How can my view of things be so unclear, but my love for everything else is ever so clear.
Today, something very beautiful happened. Nothing from my own heart, because I know my own heart. When someone says that I have a good heart, they are mistaken. For it is not my own heart at work, but the heart of God. In those small but significant times I let God's love work through me, something beautiful happened. Grace is given. Today, someone's pride grew and it effected alot of people. Made their morning very difficult. Most everyone would say that I had the most reason to be mad. And I was. I was so angry with them. But to be honest I have alot of anger. After an hour and half at work, I prayed. Because God wanted to teach me about his love. I prayed and He took. He took away my anger and brought compassion. I learned that peoples pride can ruin them. And I didnt want that for my friend. I love them too much. I prayed for two things. That they would come to me and I would give them grace. About an hour later, they come walking in the door crying and so humbled. I couldnt help but let a tear go. So happy that love, not from myself, but from God was shown. I have been asking God to teach more about love, about His love. Today, I was in the classroom and I went to the Teacher and said, "Teach me more."

1 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

oh melissa, thanks for sharing what you are learning, and what is going on. i love you lots my dear. it was so good to see you for a bit again a month ago or so. hope California is absolutely fantastic for you girls! :)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home